Wednesday, March 28, 2012

I am REAL not PERFECT

I was discussing this blog with a neighbor who was following me and I had no idea she even knew of it.  Turns out she was told about it and it took her a while to learn it was me, her neighbor who was this crazy braid lady!  Small world.  Anyway, one topic of conversation was the inevitable question....


"Do you REALLY do these before school?"  and "What time do you guys wake up?!"  


Well the truth is I am awful in the morning and I am always rushing!  I actually responded with, "What, you don't hear me screaming "Hurry Hurry Hurry, We are gonna be Late!" coming from my house?"


The truth is that unlike other blogs that I have always come across on websites you will notice that I don't tend to post my "perfected" pictures.  I want everything to be real.  I am a mom trying to get 2 girls ready for school in the morning.  My girls have long hair and they have two very different hair textures so it isn't always easy.  So throughout my blog you will see the flyaways, the frizz and the mistakes... but it will be the same that we will all go through.  I am usually doing these in a rush trying to get them out the door and always running late.  Oh and yes, the pictures are taken on my phone as I don't truly have time to bust out the camera!   In other words, there is nothing I am doing that you can't do, I don't have any special training or talent and all of my friends can tell you I was NOT blessed with an abundance of patience!!!  I have to say, there is a sense of accomplishment and joy as I master these "puzzles" people commonly call braids :-)  

No comments:

Post a Comment