Monday, April 2, 2012

Messy Loop Braids


This one is so simple and so cute! 


Apparently my kids are so used to seeing me have a fit over messy hair that when I actually mean to do a "messy" style my daughter says, "Mama, why did you leave my hair such a mess?"  I had to explain the style to her this morning.  
Hummm perhaps I need to branch out quite a bit with her.


Anyway, This one does take a bit of time (took me about 15 minutes from start to finish) but is is perfect for the true BEGINNER.  If you know how to do a ponytail and you know how to do a regular braid you are set to go!  


This style works best if your child's hair is dry.  


Start by pulling the hair back into a ponytail.  Use a serum or spray the top of the head with water so you can pull the hair back tightly (try to avoid spraying the ends of the hair with water).  I decided to have the ponytail on the lower side so when I pulled the hair up at the end it wouldn't land right on top of the head.    
Secure the ponytail with a small/thin rubber band.  Then section out a small piece of hair and do a regular braid.  However, do not go all the way to the bottom.  Leave at least a couple of inches at the bottom.  Secure it with another thin, small rubber band. 




Continue to braid using small sections throughout the ponytail.  If your child's hair tends to be frizzy, I suggest using a shine spray or serum as you braid to make sure the braids look smooth.  
Make sure you stop each braid around the same point.  Then gather the braids at the bottom where the bands are and pull them up towards the top of the ponytail.  Use a larger rubber band to secure them into a "looped" ponytail.  I then noticed that my daughter's hair fell flat on her head (probably from the serum I was using) so I teased the tips of her hair for the added effect.  However, tease it back towards you not forward.  Then add a bow or a flower, spray and send them on their way!!! 







No comments:

Post a Comment