Monday, March 26, 2012

Quick & Easy- Tame Those Flyaways


Quick & Easy  
Tame Those  Hairs That Get in Their Face
First I have to say, it's so good to be back!  
For those of you who don't know I had back surgery after years of waiting and 6 months of serious pain!  It took me a few weeks of being able to sit up and today was really my first day of getting my girls ready for school!  

By the way, I swear their hair spoke to me!!  My husband tried his hardest, but their poor hair was suffering, I found pieces of the comb broken on the floor (he doesn't know his own strength when getting knots out) and I am fairly certain their teachers were dying seeing their hair in their faces every day!!! 
Anyway, back to the hair... These hairstyles took me less than 20 minutes to do BOTH and I actually had to do Dani's twice as I was out of practice and her hair kept slipping out of my hands from the conditioning spray I used last night :-(   None the less, here is a great hairstyle that takes you 10 minutes, grabs those little hairs out of the front of their face and still allows the flow-y princess look the kids love! 

**** If your child had softer hair and more flyaways (like my youngest) I did a variation at the bottom. However, the instructions are the same as the first one.  



* For this first look I started by parting the hair a bit off centered and then securing the smaller side with a loose rubber band to get it out of the way.                                                                                        * Then part the side in half as well & secure that the same way      * French Braid the first section pulling hair into the braid from the front side ONLY - braid down as far as you can and secure it with a band that is easy to remove with ONE hand                                         * Then do the same for the second section(also pulling hair only from the front)                                                                                     * When you get to the ear  or right before (when you run out of hair) add in the other braid and continue braiding.
* After a few "loops" (so it is secured) use                                                                                          a hand to remove the rubber band from the initial braid.                                                                    *  Braid down as far as you can & secure with a small rubber band.                                                                                                           (See next blog on bands that work best)






 * On the opposite side stand behind your 
child and french braid the side straight back

*  Stop taking hair into the braid when you get 
to the ear and then simply continue a regular 
braid

* Rather than securing this braid individually,
    pull the braid back and join it with the opposite 
    braid and secure them together.

    *  You can lift the braids after securing them to 
   comb the hair flat down and hairspray the hair
   so it doesn't stick up.  

  *  Then simply add a bow (OF COURSE!) I have
  my daughter picked one of Custom Bows by Clare 
  this morning:


ANOTHER VARIATION 

So here is another variation I did on my little one's hair.  Fairly similar except since her hair seems to be softer and has a TON of "flyaways" I parted it down the middle and repeated the initial design on both sides.  She chose to not wear a bow, but the truth behind that was that she was too lazy to go upstairs and chose one!! :-) 










No comments:

Post a Comment