Wednesday, February 29, 2012

MAMA, What are you DOING?!?!?!? A Halo of Course!




Nothing like sewing my daughters hair in the morning!  I had so
much fun this morning & I think the best part was hearing Bella say 
"Mama, what are you doing!?!"  
She had this tone in her voice that made me laugh so hard because she sounded a tad worried, but with this wonderful curious giggle!  
So yesterday I was  looking at a picture of a princess Halo that looked like this and as weird as it sounds I decided to figure out a way to make this look without actually buying the item :-) 


Then.... I came home to find purple ribbon and I hunted for the perfect tool..... and hunted and hunted.  Problem was that I didn't know what I was looking for yet.  Until ...... I FOUND IT!  
YES!  A large plastic needle from a craft kit the girls have! 

So, here is my creation:
STEP 1:  Start by using a serum and slicking hair back into a ponytail.  Having the hair smooth will help create the effect we are going for in the end.                                                   Using the sharp end of a comb (at least this is the easiest way) take 2 small sections of hair out of the ponytail.  Re-comb the hair so it is smooth and secure the ponytail 
STEP 2:  Braid the two small sections you left out of the ponytail.  Make sure the braids are neat and smooth so comb the hair with a fine-toothed comb before braiding.   


STEP 3:  Bring Braids up around head and use bobby pin to secure them together at the top of the head.  Do this loosely as you will not leave the bobby pin in.  

STEP 4:  Thread your "needle" (needless to say I do not recommend using a real needle) and begin to to weave your braid into your hair.  
The motion that works the best would be to go in towards the middle of the ponytail (under braid) then bring needle up and out over the braid towards you... then repeat - you have to do this at an angle in order to be able to continuously move up the braid.  
When you get to the top and secure both braids together you can remove the bobby pin


No comments:

Post a Comment