Saturday, March 31, 2012

Right Turn Ahead!!!

Well when it rains in California we are in shock so us mom's must find creative outlets.  Oh and by rain I mean the sidewalk was wet when we woke up!  Ha ha ha
So as my little one got ready for a "Diva" themed party my brain had to come up with a quick hairstyle that at least would stay out of her face through the party.  After all she was going to be full of make-up and nail polish - Goodness all I could think of is having that all over her hair!   So off I embarked!   



*  I started with parting the hair on the side and making a rectangular shaped box.  I secured that hair so it wouldn't get messed up.  
*  Take the remainder of the hair and comb it back into a tight ponytail so it stays clearly out of your way.
*  Then I took about a 1 inch section of hair in the front and curved to the side (please see picture for this to make sense) and I secured that as well.
I didn't take a picture of the side
part so I added arrows to show you the
direction your comb should follow
*  Now it is time to French Braid.  I chose to do the "inside out" braid as it always shows up better on dark hair.  The only difference between a traditional french braid and the inside out french braid is that instead of bringing the hair strands "over" each other you reverse and bring them under. It takes a minute for your hands to get used to it, but you can catch on quick.  
HINT HINT HINT:  You need to be standing in front of your child when doing the beginning of this braid or it won't work and be in a straight line.  As the braid curves around you will move with it so have your child sit on a chair where you are able to move around them.  




*  When you start to come towards your child's forehead begin to curve the braid to the right and stand to the side of your child while you braid this next section.  Repeat this (except stand to the back of your child when you go towards the back.  When I braid towards the back I ask my daughter to tilt her head to the side as it helps me not to have to bend too much (she isn't a fan!) 
*  Secure the braid (just past the ear) with a small rubber band 
I took a picture of the comb because using a comb with the fine teeth like this one makes all the difference in the world when doing these smaller braids.  It helps avoid those nasty and annoying bumps!

And then she went to her DIVA party


No comments:

Post a Comment