Friday, March 30, 2012

It's a Twisty Turn-y kind of Friday!

So sometimes what I embark on isn't what I end up doing.  Today that was the case, but not because it didn't turn out... it was because I was too busy punishing my little one and lost track of what I was doing! See I told you my mornings are JUST LIKE YOURS! So even though I had already planned on twisting and turning my daughters hair, because of the way the morning was going the day turned out to be a "Twisty Turn-y Friday"!  Perhaps this weekend I will complete the hairstyle I was supposed to do today.  

I decided to part her hair on the side and then on the smaller side I did 2 diagonal parts.  On the larger side I did 3 diagonal parts. These parts were going straight back.  I secured each part with a loose rubber band so they didn't get in my way.

Then I started twisting!  Split the section into two equal sections and twist them going the same direction - I for some reason always choose to twist the hair to the right.  To make it easier I twist one section and then ask my daughter to hold it (tight with two fingers (may not work with younger ones so you will have to do it)).  Then when you have two sections twisted to the right, twist them together to the left (or simply the opposite direction that you initially twisted the hair).  Do this all the way down the hair and secure it with a tight, small rubber band.  
I did learn a very easy (and hilarious) way of doing this today.... My daughter was sitting on a kitchen stool so as I was twisting and my arms were all over the place I decided to stop driving myself crazy and twist the hair by walking around her in a circle!  I looked ridiculous, but it was SO MUCH EASIER and it brought great laughs to my daughters to see me walking in circles around her!  
REPEAT this with each of the sections you have. You will end up with 5 "twisties"when you are done... 2 on the smaller side going back at a diagonal and 3 on the larger side going back at a diagonal as well.  

Then comes the easy part.... Pull it into a high ponytail or bun!  Then you have to fancy it up so throw in a wonderful bow!  
NEWS NEWS NEWS NEWS
I just got off the phone with CLARE from Custom Bows By Clare and she will be the first GIFT GIVEAWAY we will be featuring!!!  STAY TUNED FOR DETAILS TO FOLLOW NEXT WEEK! 
I was excited to see how this turned out.  This one (and the one I intended to do) are also great for gymnasts!  Toss the rest of the hair into a high bun or pony for any meet!  These "twisties" also hold up well overnight with the help of great serum and hairspray - It helps with those early morning meets! You level 4 moms know exactly what I am referring to!

2 comments:

  1. Aubrey saw this with me and said she wants me to do her hair like this tomorrow. I don't think I'm as talented as you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Amber, Did you do it??? How did it turn out?

    ReplyDelete