Friday, February 24, 2012

The Pigtail Weave

Well as you know your first attempt if never your perfect one and when your first attempt is on a 6 year old at 7:30 a.m., well... need I go on, but it went better than planned.... I wanted to do what I call a twisting weave and of course we had to end it with the perfect finishing touch for any 6 year old... PIGGY TAILS! 


Begin by sectioning the hair as if to do Pigtails.  Then section about 1 1/2 to 2 inches off the front and band each side together to keep it out of the way.  


Make another 1 1/2 to 2 inch section and again band it together to keep it separated.


Do the same with the remainder of the hair.


Then, take the right side of the middle section you have created and section it into 4 sections and make mini ponytails.  Do the same on the left.  


Take the "mini ponytails" from the left twist them and join them with the lower pigtail on the right
Then take the 1st mini pony on the right (the one closest to the part) lay it over the first left piggy, thread it under the second one, over the third and under the forth ... then join with the Left lower Pigtail.  Then take the second mini and do the opposite... thread it under the first left piggy, over the second, under the third, over the forth and join.  The third will mimic the first and the forth will mimic the second......






Lastly you have to deal with the hair in the front.... the easiest part!  I like applying a serum or gel to this part as otherwise you may have flyaways... simply take the right side, comb tightly to the side and back and join into piggy (repeat with left).  Hairspray, add a bow and look fabulous!  




What I have learned - I always learn a thing or two... I would have done two things:


I would have made the "mini" ponytails a bit thicker and I would have pulled them a bit tighter.  But I like the look.  I may have also pulled a few hairs forward and curled some ringlets for a younger look in the front :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment