Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A GREAT BEGINNERS HAIRSTYLE & a LONDON 2012 TRIBUTE!




I began to be creative with my youngest this morning and had a goal to make this a beginner hairdo.  I think I succeeded!  Try it & let me know what you think. 
Start by parting your child's hair straight down the middle and then part it from ear to ear.  Then, as I always recommend, tie back the hair your not using so it doesn't get in your way.  


Then using small rubber bands, make a pigtail on each side.  Make sure that the pigtail is not too high up on the head or it will lose the effect.



Using a fine-toothed comb, comb out the hair in the pigtail and, if your child has frizzy hair, apply serum. Go ahead and do a simple, regular braid on each side.  Make sure to leave room at the end of the braid.  The amount of hair left at the end of each braid should be the same.  
HINT:  As you are braiding, measure the braid to make sure you have braided enough hair.  Do this by carrying it over across the head to the other pigtail.  When the braid can reach the other rubber band, you can stop the braid.  


Here is where my idea hit a gliche.  I stood there wondering how I was going to secure the braids on either side without using a ton of pins (those never do well with elementary school children).  So... I came up with a trick!  When putting a rubber band in, stop on the last loop and put a placeholder in (I used a bobby pin).  


Take the braid from the right and secure it into the rubber band on the left and vice versa.  Then tease the hair left in the piggies.  I had time so before teasing I used a small curling iron to curl the ends and then I teased it.  
My dog, Frankie, made an appearance in today's blog




If your child's hair is longer then you can have ringlet curls cascading down and it would look BEAUTIFUL!   Place some matching bows and you have the best hairdo for any girl!  
A bit blurry but she loved it so I had to include the pic!
I am actually going to be helping a friend with her little Flower Girl this summer and I believe this will be the winning hairdo!


Today we decided to pay a TRIBUTE to the USA GYMNASTICS TEAM and the upcoming OLYMPICS IN LONDON!!!! Thank you CUSTOM BOWS by CLARE for these awesome bows! 

No comments:

Post a Comment