Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Mama is SAD!

So I know it was bound to happen, but my "Boo" came downstairs with a .... wait for it..... headband in her hand and said "Mama can I just wear my hair down?"  GASP!  Then when I looked like the sad little mama she giggled.  Poor little me.  


However, I still have the power (I tiny bit of it) and convinced her to do a bit of something with the back. The truth is she has a ton of hair (like many of our kids) and if I simply let her go all day with a headband I will be pulling out knots like crazy.  Not to mention kids (even 8 year olds) simply do not keep headbands in all day.  So, here is a simple way to make sure that when the headband comes off their hair is out of their face. 

Although you can do this style very easily without the tool I used, I found this awesome tool in my daughter's playroom that makes the twist braids a cinch! I believe it is found at Walmart or other toy stores like that.  I did 4 twist braids in under 2 minutes.  
If you don't have a tool like this, or it the hair is thick (it won't fit into the tool) then split it into two sections and twist both sections the same direction (individually) - I prefer to the right.  Then, twist them together the opposite direction (in my case to the left).  


SO clearly not my MAMASALON style, but I had a tad of success in this sad moment :-) 
On the other hand, I had a very happy 8 year old! 

No comments:

Post a Comment