Wednesday, April 4, 2012

From School to Practice


Well I often say that I send the girls to school with a hairstyle that will last through practice.  Yesterday I forgot it was a practice day and after I sent my little one off I realized ...OOPS!  
So in the 5 minutes I had when she got home I had to come up with a way to convert a school hairdo to a practice hairdo.  
I split her hair down the middle (using the same line as the original part)& did two regular braids.  
Then I looped them under the braids on top and secure them into the rubber bands you already have in the piggies.  If you have trouble grabbing the rubber band, use the end of a comb or a bobby pin to gently lift the band and insert the hair.  Ta Da!  You are done! This one lasted through 3 1/2 hours of gymnastics practice (after lasting through a full day of school)!  Obviously you can see I pulled the cool 2012 London clips out as I didn't want them ruined by a 6 year old at practice so I threw a bow in (I cheat, I have pre-tied bows that I also "loop" into the rubber band when I was putting the hair in)

Now, I wasn't worried about hairs out of place or anything besides getting her out the door as we truly had about 5 minutes to get on the road, but I wanted to post the pictures just to show you how you can do such a conversion.  This would even work if your child had to go from a party to a soccer game.  Or..... in a dance recital, it is a nice way to go from a jazz dance where the hair would be allowed 1/2 down to a ballet dance where it would have to be up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment