Friday, April 27, 2012

PEANUT'S CRAZY HAIR DAY

Well today was CRAZY HAIR DAY at my daughter's school.  I love the hairstyle I decided to do for her.  The truth is that this is a style I love to have for her on a regular day, I simply made it a bit more colorful by adding colorful rubber bands and a ton of clips to make it "crazy".

After seeing my Twist Braid tutorial video and becoming an expert :-) you are ready to do this style in no time at all... it is actually very easy to do.  Here it is again in case you haven't seen it.  (as I mentioned in my other post, the volume is low so you will have to crank it up)
Begin with pulling the hair into a tight ponytail.  It creates a better effect if the hair is slicked back into the ponytail.
Take sections of the ponytail and do various, small twist braids.  If you are doing this for a spunky look, then make the twist braids smaller and do more of them (as I have done here).  If you are making a more everyday look then perhaps you should stick to making 4 or 5 twist braids.  
When braiding, leave a bit of hair at the ends (this makes it easier anyway). 
After making twist braids using all the hair in the ponytail begin to twist the hair around the ponytail and then clip the ends of the hair against the scalp.  Again if you are looking to make an everyday look then put the clips evenly apart against the scalp in 1/2 circle formation (or sun as I like to call it).  
It is important that you remember to twist each one around the ponytail first or it will be way too long.  After clipping it you may want to use a bobby pin close to the center of the ponytail to keep the sections in place.  
A bit blurry, but you can see how I am taking
the twist braid and twisting it around the pony.
You can also see where I am pinning it in place. 
Keep repeating this with all the braids and place them in different locations.  Of course more "displaced" if you are going for something funky and more strategic if you are going for stylish.
Again, I OVERDID IT on purpose with the butterfly clips - it's crazy hair day after all! And, then I HAD TO tease the ends... You have many choices with the ends:  tease, curl, leave alone... it's up to you.  But.... If you can find it in yourself to look past the clips you can see a really cool bun-ish style.  It's almost looking like a sun with it's rays.  Then I sprayed it with glitter - OF COURSE!
A view from the top with the teased hair
My Crazy Little Peanut!





No comments:

Post a Comment