Monday, April 9, 2012

2 Girls, 2 Variations & 10 Mintutes MAX


So I had all these BIG huge plans for the girls Easter hairstyles and then came Easter.  God reminded me that he laughs at my plans.  The morning where we had "so much time" ended up going by very quickly and before I knew it we had no time at all.  So, I decided on the fastest cutest hairstyle for both girls that was just different enough for each.  


For these styles I used a TopsyTail tool.  However, you can do these with looping a rubber band in a large bobby pin (until I had the tool this weekend this is what I used to do).  I also have heard that there is a tool by the Scunci company called the Weaver Tool that can be found on the internet.  They all cost about $5.  If you have trouble finding the tool and really want one, please comment and I can help you.


OK so back to the important part....... 
THE HAIR


My youngest has a ton of baby hair in the front so when I take
sections I always have to make them wider
The first variation I took a top center section of hair (I used her eyebrows as a guide to center the hair) I parted the hair back and then finished the rectangle across using the the ears as a guide.  Tie the rest of the hair back so it doesn't get in your way.  
Split your rectangle section into 3 or 4 horizontal sections (depending on the amount of hair your child has) and use loose bands or clips.
HINT:  When doing this variation stand in BEHIND of your child when making the ponytails (the next variation you will change)
Start by making your 1st ponytail - I used colored bands as this style doesn't have a lot of room for other accessories.  You want your ponytails to me slightly loose.  You should be able to fit about your pinky between your child's scalp and the rubber band.  



Loop the hair through the styling tool (or rubber band - depending on what you are using) and push it through the middle of the ponytail.  The ponytail goes through the section between the band and the scalp.  Pull it through the other side.  
OOPS the pics are a bit out of order as my RUSH made
me forget to take pictures at first and my daughter
reminded me.... LOVE HER FOR THAT! 
When you make the next ponytail, make sure to incorporate the previous ponytail into it.  Continue the same pattern from before with each one and WAAAA- LA!  



Because this was for a holiday I simply curled the ends of her hair and let it be.  However, if this was for a gymnastics meet, dance recital, soccer game or softball game (covering my bases) :-) it is very easy to toss this into a great ponytail or a bun at the end.  From beginning to end it took me less than 5 minutes and I had never done this before.  I will also let you know that this was my more sensitive child so I have to go slower!! Depending on the toughness of your little gymnast, dancer or athlete... it may even go faster!  


NOW.... here is a different variation with my other daughter: 


So my other daughter can handle a lot more pulling and tugging at her hair.  SO I usually can zip through hair styles.  I didn't time this hairstyle, but it was so fast.  It is simply a variation of the hairstyle above.  
I didn't take step by step pictures as they would
be the same as above
Simply take a slightly section.  Hold back the hair and section the same as above.  Again, make 3-4 sections.  
This time stand to the SIDE of your child.  Since the hair was going to fall to the right of my daughter, I stood to her right.  Make the ponytails and using the tool or the rubber band and bobby pin, pull the hair through.  Unlike the style above, in this style you are not joining the ponytails, simply letting them fall.  
Again, because of the holiday, I decided to curl the hair from the ponytails ONLY.  BEWARE MOMS, we tend to go overboard when we get curling irons in our hands and then it looses the effect we are going for.  


So there you have it! Fast and Simple!  


UPDATE:  We arrived home late last night and the girls slept in their hairstyles, they woke up this morning and I will tell you I could have sprayed their hair and sent them to school if I had to :-)  Soooo, something to keep in mind! 

No comments:

Post a Comment