Sunday, February 26, 2012

Inside out braid with a touch of FANCY!


SO then on we moved to daughter number 2 of my Saturday models.... she had a lot of hair and was a typical 1st grader so I put a TV show on she loved and reminded her mom of the amount of hair on my head!  You see I TOO have a 1st grader!  Aghhh the tricks we learn!  I am sure it helped that I am not "MOM" to her so I can get away with a lot more! 

So... Just like Dani, Yasi loves to wear her hair down for school.  This is a first grade teachers nightmare.. it only makes it worse that they love headbands which I am sure never stay on their heads and become something for them to play with because when I pick Dani up from school it is never on her head anymore.  So I simply taught Roxy how to braid the middle part of Yasi's hair so it felt to Yasi as if it was down, but there was a minimal part of hair that could actually get in her face.  Then we threaded some ribbon through it to add a little fanciness.  If you know anything about first graders you will know that they have to have a hint of fanciness!  

I also decided to do the french braid inside out.  When braiding dark hair it seems like the braids blend in so braiding it inside out gives it a kind of 3D effect allowing it to be seen.  It appears to be more difficult only because it isn't what you are used to... however, it is actually is easier to do.  If you want me to show you, leave me a comment and I will post a video.  

You can see the lift of the braid here
You simply braid under instead of over

One VERY HAPPY and FANCY girl! 


No comments:

Post a Comment