Sunday, February 26, 2012

My Child is AMAZING but their hair is IMPOSSIBLE

Every parent will tell you that their child is a gifted genius, but somehow their child's hair seems to be the most impossible thing ever!  The way Roxy described her kids I thought I was taking on the biggest challenges ever!  Roxy had never truly seen my hair down when I wake up in the morning... Today I let my hair down for her... Ummm she will never say anything again!  So, with her permission I will show you her eldest daughter's before picture taken at school a few months ago with Dani.....


Yes there is frizz and a ton of curl, but a bit of serum and WA-LA it's GONE!  

We were able to do 2 hair styles on this "IMPOSSIBLE" hair in about 30 minutes.  This included my teaching.  

So here is hairdo #1  I wanted simple because our goal was to make sure it was something that could be duplicated for school.  

Step 1:  I took a spray bottle and made her hair wet.  Then using a fine toothed comb I combed it straight back in order to make a part right down the center.  When you do this the hair literally parts itself.  Then I used the edge of the comb to complete what I call the "T" part (picture the top of the T is ear to ear).

Step 2:  Using scrunchies, loose rubber bands or something similar I hold back the bottom of the hair so it doesn't get mixed in and do the same for one side of the T.  I comb out the other side with the find toothed comb and apply serum.  Then I begin a simple braid (I prefer to make them tight - especially on hair that likes to frizz).  Fishtail braids also work well with this hairdo).  At the end of the braid I secure it with a rubber band.

Step 3:  Repeat Step 3 with the other side.  When finished it should look like this: 


Step 4:  Now this may sound odd but... Take the two braids and tie your child's hair in a knot.. Yes, go ahead.. tie it in a good 'ol knot!  Btw... this is a great way to style hair when you have messed up another hairdo and don't know what else to do, but this time we actually meant to do it!  If their hair is very long, like hers, do it twice.


Step 5:   Secure the ends of the braids... with a rubber band.. get one that blends with your child's hair color as much as possible. 
  
If you have been reading my blog up till this point you can guess STEP 6.....

PULL OUT A BEAUTIFUL BOW!!!!  
Attach the bow to cover the rubber bands







No comments:

Post a Comment