Friday, February 24, 2012

Variation of the last one.... for my creative spunky one!

Dani has flare and fashion and can pull off styles that no one else can.  I don't know how she does it, but it must be how some of these runway models can wear a potato sack and people clap cause they actually look amazing!  I do it and I will get arrested and placed in a psychiatric ward :-)

So with Dani sometimes I have to take the traditional hairdo and simply tweak it a bit or add some flare....






So I copied the same one I did with her sister, but instead of having all the initial ponytails pull to one side I pulled the first one to the left, the second one to the right and so on and so forth....


However, as edgy as she wishes to be, she is still my pink princess, so I still secured the style with her favorite "Pink Diamond Cheetah Bow" as she calls it.  I refuse to tell her it isn't a diamond!  (Thank you Custom Bows by Clare for that bow...)

Dani has a much more sensitive scalp and tends to be more emotional so I rarely try hairdos on her unless I know I have a good handle on the style or she is really watching something great... A good bribe never hurts!  So the fact that I did this one and the post prior to this in 30 minutes, got them in the car and left our driveway in 30 minutes says a lot!  We won't dwell on the fact that my sunglasses covered my make-up less eyes and I was in my jammies (Thank goodness they look like my sweats!)

ADVICE:  Take into consideration your child's personality when doing their hair.  I am guilty of forgetting to do this and what begins as something fun ends in a stress-filled yelling match... It isn't worth it.  Now I have learned to prepare, and what entertains her.  I also know that when she sees the final picture before I start the hairdo she is excited and much easier to work with!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment