Friday, February 24, 2012

Triangle Bun


Triangle Bun 

You begin this hairdo much like the Spider I did a few weeks back.  However, this one doesn't go around the entire head.  With this "web" we are simply going ear to ear and there are about three variations.  I am only showing one here, but I hope to do the other two in the coming days and be able to show those as well.  

Begin by making a ponytail leaving about 1 1/2 to 2 inches of hair between the hairline and the beginning of the ponytail line.  

Now make sections in the hair that you left out of the ponytail.  I like to make triangle-ish looking sections... you can make them in squares, triangles, or whatever you wish... I like the look when they aren't perfect looking.  Make a small ponytail from each section.  

Split the hair from each ponytail in half and (like the spider) join the sections together.... here are where the variations come in:
This was my "in a hurry" variation


      1.  I was in a hurry so I joined them into simply a new ponytail
      2.  Join them into a braid or a fishtail   (sorry no picture to post) 

      3.  This is the best looking one and my FAVORITE:  Do a twisting braid with each joined strand!

My Favorite... Will do the
full hairdo soon and post!


As you approach the end you are left AGAIN with 2 options: 

Option 1:  Do a single hair twist and make a bun (pictured here) Secure the bun with a strong rubber band and then a cute hair clip or bow

Option 2:  From the ponytail section hair into two equal parts.  Split each "part" into two more equal parts.  From this you can create TWO twist braids tie them together in a knot... yes, a knot and secure them with a bow!  I will do this over the weekend - it's my favorite!  (and it goes perfect if you do Option 3 above!) 
Twist braid prior to making bun
Securing the bottom of bun with another amazing BOW!


















No comments:

Post a Comment